Log in to Microsoft Teams
When you, as an employee, signing in with your UCL account on Microsoft Teams, you can not use your usual user ID or UCL email.
Your username for Teams is instead email@example.com. Eg.:
Your password is the same as for other systems
Students must log in with their student email
Overview of the user interface
Once logged in, you will encounter this interface in Teams, where you have the opportunity to access the various functions. As a starting point, you start with an overview of the Teams of which you are a part.
1) Your profile: Ability to change status and customize your settings (see instructions)
2) Your organization: Opportunity to change organization if you have been added to Teams from other organizations. For example, other UCs
3) Search bar: Ability to search for Teams, Contacts and Write Commands
4) Activity: Overview of your latest notifications
5) Chat: Possibility to chat directly with a colleague (see instructions)
6) Teams: Overview of your Teams
7) Calendar: View your own calendar (integrates with Outlook) and schedule appointments (see instructions)
8) Calls: Call a colleague directly (see instructions)
9) Workplace: Create a Team to collaborate with colleagues or external users
10) Filer: Files: Get an overview of your latest files from Teams and OneDrive
Customize your settings
By clicking on your profile picture in the upper right corner, you have various customization options:
Click on Manage account
General: Here you have the option to change the display in terms of colors and layout. You also have the option to choose whether Teams should start automatically. By default, the settings look like this:
Privacy: Here you can e.g. select special people from whom you can receive messages even if you are set to "Do not want to be disturbed". You also have the option to deselect the option for others to see if you have seen their messages.
Notificatons: Here you have the opportunity to customize how and when you receive messages from Teams.
1) Email: Select how often you want to receive notifications of new activity on your email.
2) Appearance and sound: Select whether there should be a message and sound when you receive a message
3) Teams and Channels: Specify to what extent you want messages from your Teams and specific channels.
With this setting, you will receive notifications from all messages in all Teams
Mentions & replies:
In this setting, you will only receive notifications if someone mentions your name or there is a reply to a message that you have created.
With this option, you have the option to define what you want to receive notifications about
4) Chat: Define how and to what extent you want instant messaging messages
5) Meetings: Define how and to what extent you want notifications about meeting invitations, meeting reminders, etc.
6) Specify some specific people whose status (online / offline) you want to follow