We apologize that the pictures in this guide are with Teams in Danish but we did not have the opportunity to take them with Teams in English.
Through Microsoft Teams, you have the ability to make calls to others in UCL. Calls can be made in several different ways:
- Via the call button
- Via the command line
The chat function is useful for communicating in writing with a small group or if you need to write privately.
Note that your messages in the chat are saved. It is therefore necessary to delete messages that you do not want to be saved. It could, for example be messages with personal sensitive content.
Start a Chat
1) Click the Chat icon
2) Click New Chat
3) Enter the name or email of the person you want to start a chat with
4) You can now write messages and send attachments.
You have 2 options when planning a Teams meeting:
- Plan through the Teams client
- Schedule through Outlook
1) Open your Outlook calendar and click on "New Teams Meeting" in the top tab.
If you do not have the "New Teams Meeting" icon, you may need to shut down Outlook completely and restart it. Alternatively, you can restart your PC.
2) You can now send a meeting invitation with a participation link to those you want to invite to the meeting.
In Outlook, select the File tab at the top left.
Choose Information - Account Settings - Substitute Access.
Find the person in the address book and press Enter or click Add so that the name will appear in the field at the bottom. Click OK.
The substitute must have Editor rights to your calendar in order to create Teams meetings on your behalf.
Click OK twice to return to the File tab.
Click the arrow at the top left to return to the inbox.
You can attend a Teams meeting in 2 ways:
1) Join through the calendar in the Teams client
2) Join by clicking on a meeting link