If you would like to test whether your audio and video is functioning correctly in Zoom, you have the options described below. If is especially important to test your equipment if you are to attend an online exam in Zoom.
At any time, you can test your audio and video by going to https://zoom.us/test.
Click "join" and "Join with Video" and follow the instructions on the screen.
Testing your speakers / headphones. This test will play you a ringtone so that you can tell if you hear it or not.
Testing your microphone. This part of the rest requires you to speak into your microphone. You will know that it works when your hear yourself played back to you.
Open the Zoom client on your computer
- Click the "gear icon" in the top right corner
- Click 'Video' to test the webcam in your computer
- You may choose a different webcam if you have more than one to choose from
- Click "Audio" to test your computer sound
- Click 'Test Speaker' to test the sound in your speakers/headphones
- 'Output Level' should indicate that your audio is working properly
- Click 'Test Mic' to test your microphone
- 'Input Level' should indicate that your microphone is working properly