PLEASE NOTE: We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser. If you are using a different browser, you might be asked to install a plugin. You must install this plugin (open the install file as administrator on your computer) or change browser. We recommend the latter.
Follow the link i the invitation
The host of the meeting will create an online meeting room in Google Hangouts Meet and share a link for the room with you.
Click the link to find the meeting room site.
Check your settings
Click the 3 dots in the corner of the video example to check your settings for audio and video.
Remember to accept if your browser asks for permission to access your webcam and microphone.
5. When you are ready, enter your name and click Ask to join.
The host of the meeting will receive your request and allow you to enter the room.
Once the exam has begun
In the exam room itself, you have several options:
1. Enable/disable your microphone
2. Leave the meeting
3. Enable/disable your webcam
4. Share your screen with other participants (either your whole screen or a chosen window)
5. Find more settings by clicking the 3 dots.
In the top right corner you can click to find a list of participants and also the chat function.
Good online manners:
- Come to the meeting room in Hangouts Meet at least 15 minutes before the lesson/meeting starts. This way you have time to check they everything (video/audio) works as intended.
- If several participants do have their webcams and microphones enabled, it is a good idea to turn off you own microphone when you are not speaking. This will help you avoid background noise and echoes.