PLEASE NOTE: We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser. If you are using a different browser, you might be asked to install a plugin. You must install this plugin (open the install file as administrator on your computer) or change browser. We recommend the latter.
Follow the link in the invitation
To find and enter the room in Google Hangouts Meet, you simply need to click the link that has been sent to you with the invitation. This will lead you to the website.
Always check in the top right corner that you are signed in with your UCL-login.
Check your settings
Click the 3 dots in the corner of the video example to check your settings for audio and video.
Remember to accept if your browser asks for permission to access your webcam and microphone.
5. When you are ready, click "Deltag nu" ("Join now")
Once the exam has begun
In the exam room itself, you have several options:
1. Enable/disable your microphone
2. Leave the meeting
3. Enable/disable your webcam
4. Share your screen with other participants (either your whole screen or a chosen window)
5. Find more settings by clicking the 3 dots.
In the top right corner you can click to find a list of participants and also the chat function.
Good online manners:
- Come to the meeting room in Hangouts Meet at least 15 minutes before the lesson/meeting starts. This way you have time to check they everything (video/audio) works as intended.
- If several participants do have their webcams and microphones enabled, it is a good idea to turn off you own microphone when you are not speaking. This will help you avoid background noise and echoes.
When working with an external examiner
When an external examiner needs access to the room, they must follow this guide. As the local examiner in the room, you will receive a request for access. In the window that appears, you can allow the external examiner to enter by clicking Tillad ("Allow")
Once you have allowed the external examiner to enter, the exam can continue.
PLEASE NOTE: This process will have to be repeated when examiner and external examiner need to re-enter the room after deliberating.