PLEASE NOTE: We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser. If you are using a different browser, you might be asked to install a plugin. You must install this plugin (open the install file as administrator on your computer) or change browser. We recommend the latter.
Begin in itslearning
Your teacher will create an online meeting room for you and your class. They will put a link to the room in itslearning. Be sure to chech the front page and plans regularly.
Click the link to enter the meeting room.
Check your settings
Click the 3 dots in the corner of the video example to check your settings for audio and video.
Remember to accept if your browser asks for permission to access your webcam and microphone.
5. When you are ready, click "Deltag nu" ("Join now")
Once the meeting/lesson has begun
In the meeting itself, you have several options:
1. Enable/disable your microphone
2. Leave the meeting
3. Enable/disable your webcam
4. Share your screen with other participants (either your whole screen or a chosen window)
5. Find more settings by clicking the 3 dots.
In the top right corner you can click to find a list of participants and also the chat function.
Good online manners:
- Come to the meeting room in Hangouts Meet at least 15 minutes before the lesson/meeting starts. This way you have time to check they everything (video/audio) works as intended.
- Do not turn on your webcam or microphone unless your teacher asks you to.
- If several participants do have their webcams and microphones enabled, it is a good idea to turn off you own microphone when you are not speaking. This will help you avoid background noise and echoes.