PLEASE NOTE: We recommend using Google Chrome as your browser. If you are using a different browser, you might be asked to install a plugin. You must install this plugin (open the install file as administrator on your computer) or change browser. We recommend the latter.
Create your meeting room at meet.google.dk
The easiest way to plan a meeting or an online lesson in Hangouts Meet in by going directly to the site.
1. Go to meet.google.com
2. Click "Deltag i et møde, eller start et nyt" ("Join a meeting or create a new one")
3. You will now be asked to give your room a name. PLEASE NOTE: Do not do this. Leave the field empty so that the room cannot be found afterward using the name. This will ensure that the room remain private. If you name your room, the room link will not work when distributed. This change was implemented by Google in April 2020.
Click Fortsæt ("Continue")
4. In the address bar in the top of your browser, you will now find the link to your room.
This is the link (see the marked link above) you need to copy and share with your students in itslearning to ensure that they can find the meeting room. You will always be able to meet in the same online room again, even if it has been closed for a while, as long as you use the same link and it has not been more than 90 since the last time you used it.
5. Check your settings
Click the 3 dots in the corner of the video example to check your settings for audio and video.
Remember to accept if your browser asks for permission to access your webcam and microphone.
6. When you are ready, click "Deltag nu" ("Join now")
7. Now you will see a box with information about the meeting:
Once the meeting/lesson has begun
In the meeting itself, you have several options:
1. Enable/disable your microphone
2. Leave the meeting
3. Enable/disable your webcam
4. Share your screen with other participants (either your whole screen or a chosen window)
5. Find more settings by clicking the 3 dots.
In the top right corner you can click to find a list of participants and also the chat function.